Thursday, February 14, 2013

October Surprise!

If you remember our Thai daughter, Ghan, who lived with us for a year in the US before we moved to Thailand, you will remember she lives about 14 hours from us. We visited her when we first arrived to Thailand but had not seen her since. So in October she and I planned a little surprise for the rest of the family.

It started one morning as I decided to surprise my family by taking them to a coffee shop at the local airport to have a special Macadamia Nut Slush. They had never had it before but always wanted it and I needed a way to get them to the airport without suspecting anything. As we were finishing our drinks I got a phone call from Ghan saying she was in the airport and almost ready to come out where people wait for others coming in on a flight. So, without telling the family, we got up and started out of the coffee shop.

As we walked by the doors where Ghan would come out, she did and wow, it was a surprise. The family(except Sharon) had no idea she was coming. It was so fun!

As you can tell, all the kids were excited, and the adults too. We had a great week with her and are praying that she will be able to come back soon.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment