Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Summer in Thailand

Summer was great as we spent it here in Thailand for the first time. Kids were still very busy in that Davis taught Thai students ESL at his school every week for the month of June. Samantha was able to take a year's worth of Thai in one summer to get 1/2 credit that she needs to get into University so that made summer very busy for her, but she has more language than ever now, which is great! David and I were in language school all summer at the University so with all of that there wasn't much free time, but we were able to do some fun things along the way. So here is some of our summer events:

We had a lot of fun with our friend Naa and our neighbor and her baby. David enjoyed carrying the little one wherever we went.

The first of June brought a new teacher (Aajan) to our language program and we really enjoy her. She decided she wanted to take our family on a day trip in Thailand to show us some things we had not seen yet.

She took us to this temple. It is the only one we have ever been inside of and did that for her but it was interesting to understand more about what is in there and why. The Thai people have taken so much time to intricately design the inside of the temples and the drawings on the wall. They are beautiful and we can't wait for them to come to know Jesus and for God to use their creativity for His purposes.
The kids even got to feed the fish, which was fun because they were so big!
She also took us to the Golden Triangle where Thailand, Laos and Burma all come together. This huge Buddha statue is there. Thailand is saturated with temples, spirit houses, Buddha statues, temples, etc. It is everywhere you look, especially on the high places. Please join us in praying for those to come down and for Thai people to know the true God Almighty!


On our way home we were able to go by her parent's house and meet them and her grandmother. This is when we prayed for her grandmother's knees and they were healed and she is now planting and doing anything she wants to do. Praise God! This is her Dad in the picture.


These are fruit they grew at their farm. This mango is huge!


In June we went to a nearby city for 3 days for a vacation and were able to go to the zoo. We went to an animal show there and Davis enjoyed the birds!

 4th of July was a great celebration. Of course since Thailand has no reason to celebrate 4th of July we, along with some friends, had our own firework display and sparklers. We had people of all nationalities with us on a golf course where we shot them off. They were pretty and good and we all had lots of fun!!! The following are pictures from that evening.





 Another fun thing this summer. Our neighbors went to America for a visit and asked us to drive their motorbike so it woudl be okay when they got back. David learned how to ride it first and the kids loved getting to take rides with him.

Then David decided he would teach the three of us how to drive it as well. We only practiced on the little road in front of our house. He started with Davis.

Davis was a real natural at it. It picked it up quickly and drove back and forth on the street a long time. Samantha also learned and did well but for some reason I didn't get her picture.


 I was last learning. In this picture I am starting to turn around which is the hardest thing to do, so if I look a little nervous, I am.


I did not pick it up as quickly as Davis but did okay. If I look happy here it's because I am, I am finished with my lesson for the day and I am alive!

No comments:

Post a Comment