On July 21, as we were in Thailand we went as a family to a worship time at our kid's new school. As we were singing we began a song I had never heard before. It was called "counting on God" I believe. As we sang it I was focused on learning the song but when we sang it the second time through I really focused on the words and just began to weep. I realized that we had only been in Thailand for a few days and I was counting on God for everything. I mean in a different way than I ever had before. I could do nothing by myself. Of course scripture tells us that in John 15 but today it was reality. All independence was gone and I was completely dependent on God for every single thing. For finding food, being able to feed by family, getting around without a car when not knowing the language. For finding a way to help my son feel better because he was in the process of becoming very sick at that time. The song was basically saying "God I am counting on You and if You don't move or work I won't make it." At least that was what it was saying to me and it was so true. I just went to my knees and cried. It wasn't a sad cry. It was actually a sweet cry because moving here had put me in such a more intimate place with the Lord that I was already, because every single thing I did or needed had to come from Him. It is a hard place to be for people who are use to taking care of themselves but it is such a sweet and good and right place to be for those who are seeking the Lord and want to go to new depths with Him. Well, that is a good description of our last 5 1/2 weeks here in Thailand. We have trusted and counted on God and He has shown up constantly. Yes, our son ended up in the hospital but God lead us to the right hospital and doctor and through that showed us what house we should live in. Because we trusted and waited on Him to show us just the house then now we are seeing already several reasons why we are where we are, even though we didn't plan to live in this area in the beginning. God is good and right and faithful always, whether you see Him at work or not. We are experiencing His love, mercy, grace, faithfulness, goodness, gentleness, kindness, guidance and amazing supernatural power every day here in Thailand and so many of you are praying that in and we appreciate that more than you will ever know.
We have decided the best way to keep you all updated with more detail is through a blogsite. So, here it is. We began it in April but then didn't use it again until now. So you haven't missed anything. If you sign up for the blog then every time we update you should get a notice of that I believe. So, check it out if you want more details. We will still send brief email updates as well for those who "just want the facts."
No comments:
Post a Comment